Sunday, October 16, 2011

AUTUMN WREATHS-A TASTEFUL TOUCH











I love wreaths and look forward to changing wreath with each holiday or season. Bringing out the old and adding new. The tray in one of the photos is one that my mother made for me a number of years before she passed away in 1992. We live in a hilltop area and the winds are extremely strong this time of year so I am unable to safely add many decorations on the exterior of our home...I doubt our neighbours would appreciate having their properties strewn with windswept decorations (smile) But, never fear, about 2 or 3 days before Halloween we all start to get the area ready for the children's special night on Hallow's Eve. I love seeing the transition and wish we could enjoy it longer. I envy all of you who live in better climate areas and I so love seeing all the beautiful decorations that you place on your porches or other areas outside your homes.
Hugs, Gayle (in Canada)
http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com
Sharing on:
THINK PINK SUNDAYS AT FLAMINGO TOES
Sunday's Best-My 1929 Charmer
CREATIVE BLOGGERS PARTY AT HOMEMAKERS ON A DIME
Debbiedoo's Newbie Blog Party
Craftomaniac Monday - Jenny

7 comments:

Wendy@~Chez~La~De~da~ said...

Oh that chubby little lady on the first wreath? She cracks me up!!! The tray though, that is just wonderful!
Aren't cha just loven all this fall stuff!
~~Wendy

Linda said...

Hi Gayle
Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me. Love the lady on the wreath! I love fall also but here in Florida it just isn't the same as up north.

Jan said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you back. I can't find the codes to your buttons.
Glad to meet another Canadian.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

LOVE all of your wreaths!! I am a wreath lover too and I use them all over inside my home too. I usually have one hanging on every inside door of the house.
Thanks so much for your recent visit!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Blessings from Cindy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog & becoming a follower! I appreciate your compliments so much! Did you check out my giveaway? I have also became your follower too! I love scarecrows so much. I have a wreath with one I made...makes me think I should post a pic of it & a stuffed one I got at Goodwill this year. I love wreaths too and the tray from your Mom is a keeper! I also really like the stained glass pumpkins! I will be checking out some of your blog parties you participate in. Good to meet you, Gayle!
Blessings,
Cindy

Chris said...

What a beautiful wreath Gayle. You are one talented lady. Hugs, Chris

laxsupermom said...

What adorable autumn touches! Love the wreath! The little scarecrows are so cute! Thanks for sharing.

I'm hosting my monthly Before Blogging Throwback Thursdays party and would love it if you'd come and share something you made/did/bought sometime before blogging. Can't wait to see what you share at the party.