Wednesday, October 10, 2012

TASTEFUL TOUCHES OF AUTUMN


PLEASE CLICK IMAGES FOR LARGER DETAILED VIEW





These are a few of my cherished pieces that especially display the wonderful colors of Autumn.  I love the various views that a single piece often displays and have included two such pieces for your enjoyment (I hope), as well as my own.  Clearly, the exquisite antique urn shows the detail featured on every side of this treasured piece that I received as a gift from a very elderly friend (lovingly known as Nana Ramsay) when I was very young. Her memories are embedded in this beautiful piece and she will always be remembered when I look at it.  Have you a cherished piece that you love to share?  Would love to enjoy it with you. Hugs, Gayle.

Linking with:
KATHRINES CORNER  
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY
POTPOURRI FRIDAY
PINK SATURDAYhttp://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/my_weblog/
FAITH GRACE & CRAFTS

12 comments:

Maureen Wyatt said...

That's a beautiful urn and all the more special for the memories attached to it! My favourite pieces are ones that were handed down to me. ~ Maureen

Christine said...

Lovely display. My mother used to have some trays like that, I've a feeling they came as kits and she did the basket work herself. I wonder what happened to them

Jan Hennings said...

Such beautiful pieces and love your photo's!

Anonymous said...

Gayle, these are such gorgeous pieces! I can see why you show thme this time of year. They must add so much beauty to your house.

Hugs, Debi

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Gayle: Thanks you for visiting the Cottage. I am your new follower. Your blog is so pretty. I love how the red is so bright but the dots don't hurt the eyes. You must have a beautiful home, I've just seen a bit of your garden and your flowers and photography are amazing. Looking forward to seeing more..Happy Weekend..Judy

Coleen McCrea Katz said...

I love the glass fruit!

Katherines Corner said...

elegant and lovely. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop. Wishing you a beautiful day xo

MONSIEUR LE CHAT ET MOI said...

Lovely ! I've just discovered your lovely pinterest and I'm pleased to follow also.
xoxo from PARIS
Joëlle

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Saw you over @ Lorraines and thought I'd pay a vist!
Love it here and am Following for sure...
xo, Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...
Keep up the good work, and stop over !

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Gayle,
New follower here :)! I love Autumn too !Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Stephanie said...

Hi Gayle! Thanks for stopping by my blog, leaving a sweet comment AND becoming a follower - I do appreciate it :) I am now follwing you and I look forward to your future posts...you have a lovely blog. Your pictures are beautiful and I just love the glass fruit! Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Stephanie

Doni said...

Hello Gayle!
So happy to have you join me for my link party this week! I just love those gorgeous glass fruits! They are sooooo pretty! You have such lovelies to cherish!
Blessings, Doni